Do you get any information about the most up-to-date version of the ATI TEAS test? Yes, that is the ATI TEAS 7. There will be certain differences between the ATI TEAS 6 and the new TEAS test. Follow this article for more beneficial information!
TEAS 7 release date
ATI TEAS will release its TEAS test new version (TEAS version 7) on June 3, 2022.
What to study for the new ATI TEAS in 2022?
Remember that it will take time to adjust to any major transitions. If you are taking the TEAS test in 2022, it is possible for you to take the current version of the TEAS test – ATI TEAS 6. Nursing-associated schools/institutes will likely accept your score in the ATI TEAS test 6 during the transition period between the two versions of this exam. That means your scores in the ATI TEAS remain valid until at least the end of 2022.
ATI TEAS Study Resources in 2022
This is a free and online TEAS test system. Every day, many test questions are posted to serve the needs of candidates. The test questions are also categorized according to each level from easy to difficult. Candidates can also easily choose the most up-to-date received test questions to familiarize themselves with the format of the real test.
- ATI Official TEAS Products
ATI store is an online store that offers TEAS review packages for different levels and topics. You can access the website online and choose the topic that is suitable for your ability.
Which version of the TEAS will you take?
Remember that the ATI TEAS test 7 will likely not go into effect until June 2022. Until several months later, you will still register for the ATI TEAS 6 test.
In addition, a new version of the ATI TEAS may be in the testing phase of new test sections or questions. These questions in the current ATI TEAS test are likely not scored. However, they can appear on the new version of the TEAS test. That said, the most up-to-date version of the TEAS test is not going to be too different from the current version of the TEAS test.
How to study for the ATI TEAS 7?
Remember that the major change in format between TEAS 6 vs TEAS 7 is the mixing of the number of questions in each section, not the test content.
However, there are certain variations of the question in each section. For example, you will not have to complete many questions about Anatomy and Physiology but face a large number of questions about Biology and Chemistry. You will also have to complete 9 more ATI TEAS English questions in the new version.
It can be said that the ATI TEAS 6 review materials will still work with the new ATI TEAS test. So you don’t have to worry about having to search for new material for this version. In addition, read carefully the change in the exam structure to strengthen your knowledge.
What is on the new version of the TEAS test?
Reading Section – (53 questions/ 64 minutes). This section included 4 types of questions. To be more specific:
- Key ideas and details (22 questions). You have to summarize a text, answer ATI TEAS practice questions, identify the topic and idea in an essay, identify correct information from communication between two or more two people, and identify correct information from a representation related to the given topic.
- Craft and Structure (14 questions). You have to distinguish facts and opinions, recognize the structure of any essay/test related to a given topic, interpret the meaning of words/phrases, determine the correct meaning of words, evaluate the exact purpose/ point of view in a text.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas (11 questions). You have to identify sources, make correct predictions in a text, compare themes from these sources, make a conclusion, evaluate the author’s arguments and claims or evaluate data from different sources.
- Unscored Questions (6 questions)
Mathematics Section (36 questions/ 54 minutes). This section combines 3 types of questions related to maths:
- Number and Algebra: You need to complete 23 questions, including converting fractions, decimals, and operations with numbers. You also have to compare between numbers, solve the equations/ problems with numbers/percentages, or apply estimation to real problems in the mathematics field. In this type of question, some questions related to solving real-world problems of proportions or rates of change may appear and you need to be ready with that.
- Measurement and Data: In this type of question, you need to interpret various information from types of charts or graphs, evaluate this information by using statistics, explain the relationship among different variables, or calculate quantities between standard systems and metric systems
- Unscored Questions (4 questions)
Science Section (47 questions/63 minutes)
- Human anatomy and physiology (includes 32 questions). Your responsibilities are to describe the general physiology of the respiratory system, reproductive system, gastrointestinal system, cardiovascular system, endocrine system, genitourinary system, neuromuscular system, and skeletal system. In general, you need to have a fundamental knowledge of TEAS anatomy and physiology in order to complete these questions.
- Life and physical sciences ( includes 8 questions). You have to describe the physiology system and compare among them (including genes or DNA of humans). The section also requires candidates to explain the law of heredity, explain the basic atomic structure, or simply describe chemical reactions in the human body.
- Scientific Reasoning ( includes 7 questions). In this type of question, candidates have to identify scientific measurements/ scientific explanations by using various evidence. You also need to find out and explain relationships among procedures and analyze the format of a nursing-related investigation.
- Unscored Questions ( includes 6 questions)
English and Language Usage Section (28 questions/28 minutes)
- Conventions of Standard English (includes 9 questions in total). This section includes conventions of English spelling /English punctuation and different sentence structures.
- Knowledge of Language (includes 9 questions in total). You have to use grammar to improve the clarity in writing text, tell apart between formal/ informal language, use basic knowledge in the writing process and finally, develop a well-structured paragraph/essay.
- Vocabulary Acquisition (includes 6 questions in total). You have to use context to explain and analyze the meaning of words or text.
- Unscored Questions (includes 4 questions in total).
For new practice questions, visit our homepage to take the free and full TEAS practice test pack with more than 500 questions for all TEAS subtests.
Read more >> FAQs about the TEAS test 2022
What will be on the new TEAS test (ATI TEAS 7)?
In the TEAS test new version, it seems that there will be some changes in the number of questions in each section test. However, the number of questions in the total exam remains the same: 150 scored questions and 20 unscored questions. The total time for the entire test also remains unchanged at 3.5 hours. The main sections will remain the same with 4 sections: Reading, Math, Science, and English. However, there will likely be certain variations in the types of questions as well as the areas that are applied in this test. To be more specific:
- Reading section
In the Reading section of the test, the number of questions in Key Ideas & Details seems to be decreased from 22 questions to 15 questions. It also seems that there will be a fall in questions for Craft & Structure with a mere 9 questions only compared to 16 questions in the current version of the ATI TEAS test. On the contrary, there will be more questions in Integration of Knowledge & Ideas with15 questions, whereas, in the current version the number of questions is just 11.
- Mathematics section
For the Math section, the number of questions about Numbers & Algebra is going to decrease from 23 questions on the current ATI TEAS 6 to 18 questions in the ATI TEAS 7. On the other hand, there will be more questions in Measurement & Data from just 9 questions to 16 questions on the ATI TEAS 7.
- Science section
In the Science section of the current version of TEAS, there are 32 questions for Human Anatomy and Physiology and the number of questions is going to decrease to 18 questions. The category Life and Physical Sciences will be separated into 2 items: Biology and Physical Sciences (which is also called chemistry). The ATI TEAS 7 test has also doubled the number of questions in these two items of the topic. From just 8 questions in total, the number of questions will increase to 17 (include 9 questions for Biology and 8 questions for Physical Sciences).
- English and Language Usage section
It seems that there will be more questions in this section, from 24 questions in the current version to 33 questions in the most up-to-date version of the TEAS test. The main topics mentioned are Standard English and Language knowledge. There will also be a change in the name of Vocabulary Acquisition in ATI TEAS 6 to Express Ideas. The number of questions will also increase to 10 questions in total.
It can be said that there will not be numerous remarkable changes in the questions and sections from ATI TEAS 6 to ATI TEAS 7. It is still the test for the same knowledge fields with the purpose of testing candidates’ nursing-related abilities. The main changes are the number of given questions and the name of types of questions.
FAQs about the ATI TEAS 7
When will the new TEAS test change?
As expected, the ATI TEAS 7 will likely be released in June of 2022. However, the scheduled broadcast time can be changed (sooner or later) depending on the decision of the Organizer. Therefore, you need to be ready for any change in timing.
What are the main changes in ATI TEAS 7?
The ATI TEAS 7 will have:
- Doubled questions in the field of Biology and Physical Science
- 9 more questions in the Language Usage section
- 7 more questions in the Mathematics section
- 14 fewer questions in the field of Anatomy and Psychology
- 8 fewer questions in the section of Reading
Which version of the TEAS test in 2022?
If you are taking the TEAS test in 2022, it is possible for you to take the current version of the TEAS test – ATI TEAS 6. Nursing-associated schools/institutes will likely accept your score in the ATI TEAS test 6 in the transition period between the two versions of this exam.
What’s on the new ATI TEAS?
The four main sections of the ATI TEAS will remain unchanged, including Reading, Math, Science, and Language Usage. The topics of each section also seem to be unchanged, but there will be some fluctuations in the number of questions in each section test.
What do I need to prepare for the new ATI TEAS test?
It can be said that the ATI TEAS 6 review materials will still work with ATI TEAS 7. So you don’t have to worry about having to search for new material for this version. In addition, read carefully the change in the exam structure to strengthen your knowledge.
The above article has provided the basic information of the new TEAS test – ATI TEAS 7 as well as what should be prepared for taking this version of the TEAS test. Hope you guys can have more beneficial information for better preparation. Now it’s time for practicing with our free TEAS Practice Test. Let’s start!